ABOUT DR SOROUSH KHOSHROO
Chiropractic | Active Release Technique | Custom Orthotics | Graston Technique | Sports Injuries | MVA & Whiplash | Pregnancy Pain | Kinesio Taping
Dr. Khoshroo is a chiropractor, certified Active Release Technique (A.R.T.) practitioner, and Graston Technique provider. He focuses on sports injuries, motor vehicle accident & whiplash injuries, custom orthotics, Kinesio taping, rehab exercises, and pregnancy pain. He is also the treating chiropractor for the UBC men’s varsity soccer team.
Dr. Khoshroo’s goal is to promote a pain free and healthy lifestyle through an ACTIVE-LIVING wellness model. Using this model, Dr. Khoshroo follows an easy 3-step approach to help you get back to your pre-injury status and optimal health. The first step to this approach is to get a correct diagnosis of your injury. The second and third steps are to develop an individualized treatment plan and provide education around injury prevention.
Dr. Khoshroo graduated from Carson Graham Secondary School in North Vancouver in 2000. He then attended University of British Columbia and obtained his Bachelor of Science in Cell Biology and Genetics. He continued his studies at UBC under a second bachelor degree in Kinesiology. During this time his growing love and interest in manual therapy inspired him to attend the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon for four years to obtain his Doctorate of Chiropractic degree.
Having played university level soccer and competitive level tennis, as well as being a tennis coach, he is well aware of the many acute and chronic injuries associated with different sports and activities. He has treated many Olympic, professional, and elite amateur athletes at international, national, and university levels.
- Bachelor of Science in Cell Biology and Genetics – University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C.
- Doctor of Chiropractic – University of Western States, Portland, Oregon
- BC high school soccer, basketball, tennis
- Provincial level tennis player – BC Junior Championships
- Men’s open tennis and Canadian ITF tennis player
- UBC men’s varsity soccer player
- Division 1 VMSL and BMSL soccer player
- Tennis BC player and coach
Professional highlights & CV
- 2016 Freedom 55 Financial Open – PGA Tour
- 2015 Pan American Games – Toronto
- UBC men’s varsity soccer team
- Capilano University women’s soccer team
- Stanley Park Open & Canadian ITF Championships Tennis Tournaments
- BC Honda Open Professional Squash Tournament
- Canadian Mountain Running Team
- IRONMAN Triathlon
- Seaside World Amateur Volleyball Tournament
- BMO Vancouver Marathon
- BC Summer Games
- Vancouver International Soccer Festival
- Tennis coach – Tennis BC
- Canadian Chiropractic Association
- BC Chiropractic Association
- College of Chiropractors of BC
- Canadian Chiropractic Guideline Initiative (CCGI) – Best Practice Collaborators