Why are REHAB exercises & stretches important for full recovery from shoulder injuries?
- REHAB exercises and stretches for the shoulder help target all the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints in/around the shoulder complex
- For maximum and full recovery, REHAB exercises and stretches are necessary. Treatments alone are not enough in most cases.
- The goals of REHAB exercises and stretches for shoulder injuries:
- Increase strength
- Increase flexibility
- Increase stability
- Increase range of motion
- Increase functionality
- REHAB exercises and stretches are given in conjunction with treatments. Refer to The Shoulder (Part I): Common injuries, signs & symptoms, treatments
- The timing of REHAB exercises & stretches is very important. Starting too early might cause further injuries or re-aggravation of symptoms. Starting too late might not provide a cumulative maximum effect as it would if it was in conjunction with therapy.
- Consult with Dr. Khoshroo prior to self diagnosis, treatment(s), exercises and stretches
15 ultimate & effective EXERCISES for shoulder injuries:
15 ultimate & effective STRETCHES for shoulder injuries:
Please SHARE this article if you find it useful to help spread knowledge and understanding!